Time in Thailand



Bangkok

Sunday, July 6, 2014

LAST SUPPER..........In Thailand

My last full day in Thailand. Twenty-five days and now it is time to pack my bags(leaving the shaving cream with my buddy here in Thailand). Ponsak and I coincidentally had a doctor's appointment the same day and within an hour of each other. He had his checkup scheduled months ago and my last follow-up appointment was emailed to me on Thursday. We both had blood work done and then we were seen by our doctors. Finally, the last visit and now it is just a waiting game of up to 4 months to determine if all this time was worth my efforts. Only time will tell. The first three pictures are in the hospital and then there is a collection of pictures from the world famous Continental Hotel in Bangkok. We had our last meal at this exquisite hotel.
Ponsak made reservations for use to eat at the Continental Hotel in Bangkok. It is one of the top three hotels in BKK and also one of the most expensive. A double room at the hotel is 550 dollars per night. I paid less than 50 dollars for my rooms in Chiang Mai and Bangkok..................and I slept just fine. The reservation that my pal made was for a very delectable buffet(77 dollars per person). We each began our meal with a Maine lobster, shrimp, scallops and a tenderloin steak. Salad, rice and veggies were also added to our plates. The most enjoyment came when we order For Gausse or goose liver pate'. They are on the menu for 22 dollars for three little goose livers (but amazingly delicious).
It is famous throughout Thailand. The food was all unique in it's preparation and flavor. I like ranking meals, events, visits etc. on a scale of 1-10. I don't think I have ever ranked a meal a perfect ten, but this was for sure a "10". Even the Russian judge would give it a 10.
After a 3 hour meal, we walked the streets of Bangkok one last time. The traffic was so bad that the motorcycles and scooters took to the sidewalk to go around the traffic and lights. It is a 50 dollar fine if caught. It can be very dangerous if you are unaware that this is the nature of these two wheel crazed individuals. Included is Esso's Asia headquarters, litter in a major way and general scenes of Bangkok. The long escalator is used in many shopping centers because the grocery stores are on the second or third floor. You can use this moving belt to bring your shopping cart to your car. I hope everyone had a great weekend. I will sleep for a few hours and get up at 3 AM for my 6 AM international departure. It is a 24 hour flight. I will be wrapping up this blog in a few days when I arrive in New Hampshire to visit my family farm where I was raised. My brother Duston manages and farms 500 acres of land that my mother owns. It is a beautiful area and you know I will share some pictures on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment