Time in Thailand



Bangkok

Friday, June 20, 2014

Tie and Bus

I took a bus over to the hospital rather than the rail. It is only 1.5 miles by bus but it is very hot to walk. The bus was very cheap, 30 cents. If I took an air-conditioned bus to the same spot, 1.25 cents. I wanted to one of the people. Only for a few minutes though!! My tailor finished sewing my ties as I watched him this morning. They were all hand sewn. They may as well have been sewn on a sewing machine how fast his hands moved. Tie styles change with the times and right now the very young wear narrow ties. Old timers wear WIDE ties. The really cool, in people wear the medium ties. Just so happens, I had them make medium ties for me. Each tie came with a handkerchief made from a remnant to the material.

No comments:

Post a Comment