Time in Thailand



Bangkok

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Post #30 Random Pictures

My very first day at the hospital, a Thai monk told me that I should not shave until all my medical procedures are done. I am very superstitious, so he only had to say it once and I have not shaved in 9 days. I have only shared the complexity of my time at BKK Hospital with my wife. I will spare the details, but I would hate to see how things might have gone if I did not listen to monk and shaved. The doctor gave me encouragement by saying "No matter who it is in the world, if you die today, there will be someone else there to take your place tomorrow"! He was talking about himself, but his timing was off considering how I was feeling. I took my very first "Selfie" ever today and I am sharing it with the world. The last time I had a beard there was not any of those gray colored whiskers. I took the golf cart out for a ride today and took some pictures of the flowers and trees in bloom There is no winter or summer here, just rainy and dry seasons. I am in the rainy season but the longest stretch of rain has lasted 45 minutes and it cools things down 3 degrees (maximum). It is sometimes worse after a shower because of the humidity. While touring the grounds, I came across an avocado tree and picked some. There were a couple on the ground that were starting to soften up. If Thailand runs out of rice, I have avocado to eat.< /a> It amazes me that all the workers throughout Thailand wear long pants, long shirt and partially cover their face with a cloth. It is 95 degrees!!!! How about using SPF 100? It seems like a setup for hyperthermia. Today's blog is below. I had extra time today, so I have posted twice. Good day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment