Time in Thailand



Bangkok

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Love of flowers

I have always enjoyed the beauty of flowers. Here in this tropical part of the world, truly tropical, there are plants we grow for houseplants in America that look like mutated plants here in Thailand. Ivy that I grew in my house reaching 8-10 feet grows 60 feet in the wild with huge leaves. The Philodendrons are enormous Here are a several more pictures of some tropical beauty I did not zoom in, but I hope you can see the coconuts in the palm trees. There are twenty to fifty per tree waiting to kill an unsuspecting golfer. My caddie told me yesterday a coconut fell from the tree and went right through the golf cart roof. They are tall trees and would kill you if you are hit by one. I am on constant coconut watch while I play on the course. It is a matter of life and death! The golf course has 300 employees. Manual labor is alive and well in Thailand. All weeds on the course are pulled by hand. Labor is cheap and they rely on it heavily.

No comments:

Post a Comment